Vehicles allowed : ATV 4×4+2×4, Quad, SSV/UTV 4×4
separate ranking for Quad respectively SSV/UTV if more then 10 vehicles in the specific sub-class
Difficulty and driving time : for everybody, from beginners to experts. Some orientation skills required, but mandatory teamwork, maps and optional GPS easy the task. Every day different points – “wolfs” – have to be reached in the wide mountains. The way to the points can be chosen freely by the team, according to driving skill, orientation, landscape – the difficulty can therefore be easy or extreme. The drving time depends very much on the teams speed of driving, picking faster or slower ways, finding the points: ca. 3-7 h daily. Orientation is given by detailed maps.
ADVENTURE MODE AND RULES MIGHT BE CHANGED FOR 2017. PLEASE WAIT FOR UPDATE IN NOVEMBER.
Orientation by : Orientation is given by pictures, with coordinates to use with OPTIONAL GPS advises brought by pilots if desired. At each point (“wolf”) reached a picture with all minus one team members must be taken as proof. Pics will later be downloaded. Whoever gets more or all points in shorter time will finally win. Points can be reached until the daily race time end. The general faster time back home matters if 2 teams have same points.
Evaluation : Pictures of checkpoints, time, SMS. The more VALID checkpoint pictures you bring home in as short time, the more points you get. Checkpoints vary in value according on how difficult they are to reach. No off days! All days count!!! Winner has most points.
Team start : YES – teams are mandatory. Maximum team size is 6 riders and 3 vehicles per team.
General rules :
o. WE DO NOT ALLOW SPORT EXHAUSTS (=aftermarket exhausts). If you don’t want to put the original exhaust on your vehicle, DO NOT COME!
1. there is NO disqualification except:
a. for not respecting orders given by organizers.
b. for not helping each other in case of accidents. IT IS NECESSARY: each racer HAS to stop and ask if the casualty (the person who is in case of need) is ok. If help is needed, you have to help and call for help. Helping time will show as standing time on GPS and will be subtracted. ATTENTION: people in state of shock use to deny the necessary aid. You have to verify the physical integrity of the person who might be in case of need.
c. for incorrect or unfair behavior towards other people, hikers, race organizers or any other individuals.
d. for irregular trash disposal. ANY kind of trash HAS TO BE trashed into special bags or cans.
e. for racing without mandatory safety equipment: helmet, chest-, elbow, knee-, foot protector, gloves, googles.
f. the worst day of each racer/team in all classes will be cancelled at end of race-event and before final results are done.
2. ADVENTURE riders MUST slow down to max 50 km/h in villages, from first house of village to last house of village near road. 1h penalty for speeding. Slow down near animals, especially near horses or when passing or crossing horse wagons. Speed checked by police or by organizers. 1 h penalty if caught.
3. Each race-day ends at an indicated hour in the afternoon, specified during start-briefing in the morning. Distance done in EXTREME and CROSSOVER or taken “wolfs” in ADVENTURE after the indicated hour will not be considerate anymore. CROSSOVER and EXTREME riders will be taken from the track by organizers when finishing the track would not be possible anymore during permitted race-time. If taken from track, this day will show as day-disqualification. Essential: after daily official race-end pilots must leave the track and take the easiest and fastest way home along the “escape lines”.
4a. No change of vehicle allowed during racing days. Repairs can be done anytime, but no stop time given for repairs. Whenever the organizers are called for any kind of emergency (mechanical or medical) the day race ends for the person needing emergency. Organizers will recover broken down vehicles only AFTER every official race day end, and even if the organizers repair a broken vehicle along the track, the racer is not allowed to end the race this day.
4b. At HUNT-THE-WOLF only hours and minutes are considered for the results. Only at the testround seconds are counted; time taken there is good for start 1st day only. .
4c. Whoever drives on any of the ski-slopes will be immediately disqualified!
Additional rules :
1. There are no specified tracks. But possible tracks and all checkpoints (“WOLFS”) are marked on detailed maps. ATV/Quad/Side-by-Side (=UTV), must reach as many checkpoints as possible, no matter from which direction BUT IN A GIVEN ORDER. IF YOU SKIP A CHECKPOINT YOU DO NOT GET ITS POINTS AND YOU CAN NOT RECOVER THEM AFTER REACHING THE NEXT WOLF OF THE GIVEN ORDER.
2. at all checkpoints you must take a picture of the subject shown on “checkpoint specific picture” given by organizer, showing the subject plus all minus one team members. Non valid pictures are considered as checkpoints not reached. THE TIME OF THE PICTURE TAKEN MATTERS: 15 TO 1 POINT EXTRA FOR FIRST TO LAST. ALL TEAMS MUST MATCH THEIR TIME ON DEVICES TO TAKE PICTURES WITH ORGANIZER TIME BEFORE FIRST START. CHEATING LEADS TO DISQUALIFICATION.
3. at all checkpoints NOT LATER THEN 10 MIN AFTER THE PICTURE IS TAKEN (IN CASE THERE IS NO SIGNAL AT CHECKPOINT) one in the team MUST sms the organizer (0040-757-594442) the number of the checkpoint JUST REACHED. IS A CHECKPOINT NOT FOLLOWED BY AN SMS MAXIMUM 10 MINUTES LATER, THE CHECKPOINT WILL NOT COUNT.
4. A team is a team from start to end of each day. All team-members must stick together from start to end of day, no matter if only 1 person gets hurt or only 1 vehicle has a break down. Only back home a team can dissolve and ex-team-members can start with other teams the next days, even if then teams will get bigger then 3 vehicles. The dissolved team will be disqualified. Whoever leaves his team prior rescue by organizers or prior reaching the finish line together with all team members is immediately disqualified. A team-member can leave his team only to call the organizers by phone for help (and inform them on GPS position). Then all team members have to follow organizer’s orders. Whoever does not follow organizer’s orders in a situation like this will not be allowed to start in Hunt-the-Wolf in the future (except after written plausible explanation).
5. Every day ADVENTURE riders get a certain amount of “wolfs” in different areas to be reached in given order. The “wolfs” to reach have a value, expressed in points. The racers time is limited to a given hour in the afternoon, until they can collect points. After the given hour no reached “wolf” is valid anymore. THE RACE ALWAYS ENDS AT THE LAST GIVEN “WOLF” – OR, IF NOT REACHED, AT THE DAILY GIVEN RACE FNISH TIME. “WOLFS” REACHED AFTER THIS TIME TO NOT COUNT. THE TIME FROM THE LAST WOLF BACK TO BASE DOES NOT COUNT – ENJOY THE LANDSCAPE!